AIEA-NBER Conference 2014
Date: 2014-08-18 (Mon) ~ 2014-08-20 (Wed) 08:30 ~ 20:30
2014-08-01 ~ 2014-08-17
AIEA-NBER Conference Series is a collaboration between the Asian Innovation and Entrepreneurship Association (AIEA) and the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). The AIEA-NBER conference series provides a forum for leading scholars in the fields of innovation and entrepreneurship from both the US and Asia. Its objectives are to increase collaboration in our research community and to enhance research and policy understanding of the role of innovation and entrepreneurship in promoting economic prosperity. The meeting will take place at the Korean Advanced Institute for Science and Technology (KAIST) in Daedeok Innopolis, Daejeon, South Korea, on August 18-20, 2014.
The program committee is interested in research papers that advance our theoretical and empirical understanding of either or both innovation and entrepreneurship. In particular, the committee would like submissions related to the conference theme of ‘the changing frontier’ in entrepreneurship and innovation research. Both fields have now reached a level of maturity, with hundreds of active scholars contributing to our understanding. Like the fields themselves, innovation and entrepreneurship research is cumulative, complex, and endlessly exploratory. The conference seeks to highlight the latest wave of creative destruction.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- The structure and patterns of activities and relationships that give rise to or characterize innovation
- The changing nature of entrepreneurship, including the role of venture capital, and the interplay between entrepreneurship and innovation
- New understandings concerning the knowledge production function
- The evolution of intellectual property management and policy
- Analyses of frontier innovation sectors, such as 3D printing, nanotechnology, robotics, and big data, and their economic consequences for the future
- Regional and global trends in the development and spread of innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems
- The interaction between technology lifecycles, modularity, standardization, and other characteristics of innovation and the market structure of technology firms